Align Team Work
Align Peoria is all about bringing the best thinking in the community to bear on issues that affect the overall wellness of Peoria's children.
To that end, Align Peoria is made up of Align Teams structured around either grade levels or health issues. The members of the teams bring diverse perspectives — small non-profit, public school, city government, public health, higher education, large non-profit, and the business community — to create the most aligned, strategic tactical plans to achieve very ambitious goals.
Align Team Process
The team process is what sets Align Peoria apart from other similar collaborative initiatives. This process ensures that all team work is thoroughly planned, engages a diverse group of stakeholders representing public schools and community organizations, and is sufficiently evaluated before becoming institutionalized. To learn more about the Alignment Process and the other Alignment tools, visit our Align toolset page.
The first step in becoming involved in an Align Peoria collaborative initiative is to review our current Invitations to Participate (ITPs), which provide a description of each collaborative initiative as well as examples of how your organization can participate. After reviewing the ITP, you can submit a response online to let the Align Peoria team know how your organization can collaborate. More detailed instructions can be found within each ITP.
Align Team Membership
Team members are selected by the Chairpersons of the Align Team based on their expertise in particular areas relevant to the team's mission and vision. Members are not chosen to represent their organizational interests – they are chosen for their community perspective.
Principles of Team Work
- Our work is focused on Peoria Public Schools for regional advancement.
- We will collaborate as servant leaders with trust and integrity.
- We will leave self-interest and competing egos at the door.
- While we are focusing on academics, our work will focus on the needs of the whole child.
- Our efforts will be based on benchmarked data and community research to achieve specific measurable outcomes.
- The work will transcend generations.
- The work is designed to support Peoria Public Schools strategic plan.
- The outcome of our work is to enable children to be successful.
- The work is a comprehensive and multifaceted aligning of community and stakeholders.